held in occasion of the NETTAB 2016 Workshop
See details and register at http://tinyurl.com/registryhackathon10.
The hackathon will be held on Monday October 24, 2016, from 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM.
The hackathon will include the following two main strands:
- Biosoftware description using bio.tools and schema.org
- Deployment of bioinformatics tools and services through Docker
Biosoftware description using bio.tools and schema.org
This session will provide a forum for knowledge exchange, technical discussions and hacking on the ELIXIR Tools & Data Services Registry (bio.tools) and the bioschemas project (bioschemas.org), with focus on extending schema.org for bioinformatics tools in a way that is compatible with bio.tools.
Participants will self-organise on the day and can pursue any tasks or discussion of interest.
The expected activities and outcomes include:
- Understand the aims of bio.tools & bioschemas and see how you can contribute
- Review existing software description models in bio.tools and schema.org
- Map the bio.tools and schema.org models
- Come up with a bioschemas bioinformatics software specification and produce a candidate type for schema.org
- Trial mark-up of bio.tools tool cards (e.g. https://bio.tools/tool/CBS/SignalP/4.1)
- Explore provision of such mark-up – for use on local sites – as a bio.tools service
Deployment of bioinformatics tools and services through Docker
This strand will provide a forum for knowledge exchange, technical discussions and hacking along the following lines:
- Docker+Galaxy integration: deployment of bioinformatics tools and services in Galaxy through Docker, Galaxy development made easy
- Galaxy in Docker and Galaxy flavours: https://slides.com/bgruening/the-galaxy-docker-project/live#/
- Docker-ization of ELIXIR-ITA services/tools.
- Docker-iRODS integration (see https://github.com/gmauro/boxed-irods)
- Docker-ization with layer-donning: RIP Dockerfiles, the easiest way to create efficient images without doing anything! https://slides.com/bgruening/docker-layer-donning/live#/
- How to ensure compatibility between containers? Study case: integration of various NGS packages within a same docker image: sometimes not obvious to combine existing containers.
- Using Docker containers in a Cloud platform (INFN-Bari and INDIGO-DataCloud examples)
- Using Docker to develop a Galaxy “on demand” platform through cloud technologies
All welcome (technical & non-technical people!)
Register by adding your name in the following public document: